What is IAS Exam?
Indian Administrative Services Exam was earlier known as the Imperial Civil Service Examination. This IAS Exam is said to be the most challenging exam in India. IAS Exam is held by the Union Public Service Commission for recruiting suitable officers for the All India Administrative Civil Service.
It was established as Imperial Civil Service in 1858 and then as Indian Administrative Service on January 26, 1950. Indian Administrative Service is the top-most administrative civil service under the Government of India. Ranking-wise, IPS, IFS, etc, are the below posts from the IAS and it is a higher-level administrative post among all other posts. The IAS Exam is formally known as the Civil Services Examination (CSE), which is held every year by the central government agency, under the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
What is The Salary of An IAS Officer?
An IAS profession is a reputable profession in our country. Along with the prestige of an IAS Officer, aspirants can also expects a good IAS Salary
IAS officers are the foremost officers of the administration of India and in accordance with the 7th pay commission, the basic salary of IAS officers is Rs 56,100 for per month excluding the HRA, DA, and other perks. The increment 9f salary for IAS officers depends on the service years and can increase to 1,50,000. With the promotion of IAS officers from junior scale to senior time scale and junior administrative grade, the salaries are also increased.
- The pay scale for grade junior time scale is 50,000-1,50,000 and grade pay is 16,500.
- The pay scale for grade senior time scale is 50,000-1,50,001 and grade pay is 20,000.
- The pay scale for grade junior administrative is 50,000-1,50,001 and grade pay is 23,000.
- The pay scale for grade selection is 1,00,000-2,00,000 and grade pay is 26,000.
- The pay scale for super time scale is 1,00,000-2,00,000 and grade pay is 30,000.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for IAS Exam?
The eligibility criteria for applying for the IAS Exam 2022 are mentioned below such as age limit, educational qualification, number of attempts and nationality. Candidates must know the eligibility criteria for further processing of examinations.
What is the Age Limit for IAS?
According to the condition of the IAS Exam 2022, the age limitation releases that the candidates must have reached 21 years of age and must be less than 32 years as of August 2022 are applicable for the IAS Exam. Subsequently, there is an age relaxation of 3-10 years of age for the category. The minimum age limit for the general category is 21years and the maximum age limit is 32 years and an attempt for only 6 times. The number of attempts is 9 for the OBC category and the minimum to maximum age limit is 21years to 35 years. The SC/ST category has a minimum to the maximum age limit of 21 years to 37 years and can attempt infinite times. The category for EWS can attempt 9 times with a minimum and maximum age limit is 21 years to 32 years.
What is the Required Educational Qualification for IAS 2022?
The necessary educational qualification for candidates to appear for IAS Exam 2022 fixed officially are –
- Any candidates must be graduates in any discipline from a recognized university or have any equivalent qualification from a certified Institute/University.
- The final year student of graduation can also apply for IAS 2022.
- Candidates who are having professional and technical experience or qualifications from recognised or government institutes/universities can apply for the IAS Exam.
These were the few details of the IAS exam we have briefly discussed in this article. Students who are determined to appear in the IAS exam can simply get some details about the requirements of the exam.
Stay Connect with our education blogs & write for us education