Below we have given you a quick overview and differences between React JS and React Native to help you understand these two technologies in depth.
React JS- an overview
ReactJS makes it easy to create user interfaces by using components. Components are just pieces of HTML code that contain your chosen information, and React will automatically render them into the user interface. Components let you create reusable code, which can make your code more methodical and easier to read.
Pros of React JS
- React creates an in-memory data structure cache that computes the resulting differences and then seamlessly updates the browser’s displayed DOM.
- React JS makes it easy to create dynamic web applications. It provides less coding, which means you can create more functionality, and it offers more functionality than many other frameworks. It’s popular and well-support, so you can be sure that your application will be reliable and up to date.
- A ReactJS web application is made up of multiple components, and each of those components can be reuse wherever you need them. The most common example is the React Router, which lets you navigate your app differently depending on which URL the user navigates. React Router is a web application navigation framework that allows you to navigate between any web pages in your app.
- ReactJS supports virtual DOM and uses it to improve the performance of your application. It is easy to use, declarative, composable, and flexible. It is still in the early stages of development, but the documentation and source code is open, so you can review them and help get it better by forking the project on GitHub and sending pull requests. It is also possible for you to help contribute to the ecosystem by contributing to the React ecosystem as a maintainer or committer.
- Using ReactJS is probably the most critical decision you can make in your web development career. It improves your application’s performance, scaling, and usability, and its user interface is exceptionally accessible and intuitive.
Cons of React JS
- React JS continually changes so fast, making it hard for developers to adopt all these changes with continuous updates. React is an exciting framework to learn for web developers. It has a lot of potentials and can be used to create compelling and dynamic websites. However, it can be challenging to keep up with all the changes.
- React technologies are updating and accelerating so fast that there is no time to make proper documentation. React technologies are constantly changing, and it can be challenging to keep up with the latest changes.
- ReactJS covers only the UI Layers of the app and nothing else, so you still need to choose some other technologies to get a complete tooling set for development in the project. However, some libraries can help with this. For example, Express is a web development framework that handles web servers and front-end applications. It’s popular because it’s simple to use and has a lot of modules available.
React Native- An overview
Pros of React Native
- The code written in React Native is compiled into native code, enabling it for both operating systems and functions in the same way on both platforms.
- The React community has grown to become one of the most supportive and helpful communities out there, and beyond that, it has provided countless resources. A large community of React users helps support those who have questions. Some features of iOS and Android are still not supported, and the community is constantly inventing the best practices.
- Developers have long been able to reload their applications to check for errors, but hot reloading allows developers to instantly see the changes they made in the code. This makes debugging much more accessible and speeds up the development process. This feature has a few obvious benefits, such as not having to wait for a page to load before seeing the changes, but it also has some less obvious ones. For example, suppose you are trying to debug a problem and have to reload the page several times. In that case, you will be able to see the situation more easily if it is fixed while the page is reloaded rather than after several reloads.
- React Native has the incredible feature of reusing code components, which saves a tremendous amount of time and money required to develop an application from scratch, especially regarding application logic reuse.
Cons of React Native
- React Native is a newbie in Android and iOS programming languages and is still in its improvement stage, which can harm the apps. While it has several advantages, such as ease of development, it can also have a number of disadvantages, such as a lack of experience in certain areas.
- React Native takes a lot of time to initialize the runtime, even for hi-tech gadgets and devices. This delays the start of the application and increases the chances of errors.
Comparison between React JS and React Native
React JS can be considered a base derivative of the React DOM; on the other hand, React Native can be regarded as a base derivative. They are essentially the same, just different toolkits and with additional frameworks. You would usually tell the two apart by looking at the structure: React Native frameworks are more lightweight, and React JS frameworks are more complex and feature-rich.
React JS uses CSS for creating styling for coding components. Animation in React JS is driven using CSS, similar to web development. This means that the styles use in React JS are particular and may not be appropriate for other types of applications.
You need to make use of an animat API to incorporate animation in various components of the application. This is because React Native provides a dedicate animation library that makes creating smooth and engaging animations easy.
What’s the final take?
To be specific, whether React JS or React Native. Both have their own set of pros and cons and are constantly evolving. Today businesses are looking forward to building a seamless platform for their end-users. Both these technologies have a lot to offer.
You must evaluate your requirements and pick react js development services or react native. The final call is driven by the scope of development. The number of skills and expertise you require for your project.