ZDF is one of the most popular TV networks in Germany. It is, in fact, the station that many Germans grew up watching.
This platform allows you to watch TV series, movies, and Live TV. It is one of the best apps for watching missed movies and shows. Even though the app offers Live TV, most of the shows and programs on this platform are already aired sometime on TV. The app also provides a live news feature.
This network is known for programs like Heute and Wetten, dass…? It offers other programs for entertainment, children, documentaries, culture, and information. It is one of the most compatible apps of Chromecast apps, and you can easily cast ZDF content to a Chromecast-connected TV. Not sure how? We’re here to help!
If you’re a fan of German shows and movies, you can watch ZDF live stream online by following the guide mentioned in this article.
Chromecasting ZDF Content to Your Smart TV
The ZDF app can casted on your Smart TV using an iPhone or Android device. ZDF has a built-in casting option that makes it easier for users to cast their favorite shows on their Smart TV. The Chrome browser can also be used to cast content from the ZDF website to your Smart TV.
There are two ways to cast ZDF content to your Smart TV:
- Using iOS or Android device
- Using a PC or Chrome browser
Chromecasting with iOS or Android
Chromecasting ZDF content from your iOS or Android to your Smart TV is pretty simple; all you need to do is follow these easy steps mentioned below:
- First, you need to connect your Chromecast to the HDMI port of your TV and ensure that your Wi-Fi is connected.
- Now, connect your iPhone/Android smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network your Smart TV is connected to.
- Now open the ZDF app on your smartphone and choose the video you want to play.
- You will find the cast option in the top-right corner of that app. Tap on it, and the app will search for all available devices and display them.
- From the list of devices available to you, choose the Chromecast device you want to stream ZDF live stream online
- Your chosen content will now start playing on your Smart TV.
Casting through your smartphone is one of the best ways to stream ZDF content on your Smart TV. Once you’re done casting, you can use your phone as a remote to change videos, adjust volume, play/pause, and much more. You can even use your phone as usual while the video is getting cast, and using your phone will not affect your casting at all.
Chromecasting Using Your PC
Chrome Browser has a unique feature that allows you to directly cast your screen or a particular tab from your computer to your Smart TV.
To do that, all you need to do is follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below:
- First, connect your computer to the Wi-Fi network that your Chromecast has also been using.
- Now access the ZDF app on your computer
- Once you’re done opening up ZDF live stream online, right-click on the screen and choose the Cast
- Your browser will now search for all available devices ready to cast.
- Click on the Sources drop-down menu, and choose Cast Tab.
- You need to click on the Chromecast device name to start casting.
The tab where you played your favorite content from the ZDF website will now appear on your Smart TV. This was yet another way to Chromecast ZDF to your Smart TV using the Chrome browser on your Laptop or PC.
Can I Watch ZDF Content Outside Germany?
Unfortunately, even if you download the ZDF app for your preferred device, you will be unable to view ZDF outside of Germany owing to broadcasting license restrictions.
The good news is that you can still solve this problem by installing a VPN on your device.
You can disguise your location online with a VPN. As a result, geo-restricted content and broadcasters like ZDF will believe you are in Germany.
Although VPNs are designed to provide top-notch security against various cyber dangers, they may also be used to preserve your privacy and internet freedom. You must quickly install a VPN on your selected device, change your virtual location to Germany, and begin watching ZDF from outside the country!
The best streaming app for Germans is ZDF. ZDF offers an excellent way to stay updated on German news and current videos. The app’s main selling point is that it can be used from anywhere globally without a VPN. If you have any questions or recommendations about the casting process, comment below.